Bringing Regional & National Competition to the Front Range! Register today for the 14th annual Kelvin Norman Memorial Tournament from June 3rd to June 5th, 2022 hosted by Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer! In 2022 we welcomed teams from across the region including Texas, New Mexico, Kansas, Wyoming, and more!
The Kelvin Norman tournament is one of the region’s premier early summer competitions featuring teams from across the United States. The tournament is open to ALL Boys and Girls rec & competitive teams, ages 9U to 19U. Register today and join teams from around the country battling it out in June 2022!
**WE ARE PARTNERED WITH TRAVELING TEAMS FOR EASY ACCOMODATIONS! **
- All teams traveling to Colorado further than 90 miles for this event must use Traveling Teams hotel booking services to ensure a smooth and easy hotel booking process.
- More details on hospitality can be found in the lodging tab below or CLICK HERE to book your stay!
Find all of the information that you need to get your team registered in the Kelvin Norman 2022 guide below. For any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact CRYSC Tournaments Director Marcus Owerko at [email protected].
2021 KELVIN NORMAN STATS
Tournament Weekend Details
- When? June 3rd to 5th, 2022
- Who? 9U to 19U Boys & Girls Competitive Teams
- Where? ALL hosted at Aurora Sports Park
- How Much? $650-$850 per team, depending on age & level
- Deadline to Register? CLOSED
- Roster Submission Deadline? May 31st, 2022
- Schedule Release? No later than May 29th, 2022
- Due to the transfer of Rock Cup teams.
- Showcase Format
- 11 V 11, 3 Games Guarenteed
- Max Roster: 22 Players, 2 Staff
- 15U-16U: 2 x 40 Minute Halves, 5 min. halftime
- 17U-19U: 2 x 45 Minute Halves, 5 min. halftime
- Size 5 Ball
Roster Requirements & Forms
- All teams and players are to register by Calendar Year.
- Example – Spring 2022 Season 2008’s = U14
- Every competitive team 9U – 19U is required to complete a roster within GotSport 2.0.
- Please CLICK HERE for a video tutorial on how to create a roster on GotSport.
- Every recreational team 9U – 19U is required to provide a club-verified copy of their roster.
- The roster must be 70% or more of your original players and up to 30% guest players for the age group roster MAX.
- For example, for U13-U19 the roster max is 19, so 19 x .3 = 5.7 thus rounding up to 6 MAX guest players allowed.
- Certain circumstances can be approved based on requests to tournament staff.
- All competitive teams must have proof of medical release forms for all players in PDF form. You do NOT need to upload them to Got Sport. (Linked above)
Cancellation Refund Agreement:
- For a tournament in progress (dates of the planned event), in the event of rain, snow or acts of God, the tournament director reserves the right to reduce game times and numbers of games.
- Should there be any cancellations creating a difference in games played in a division, all scoring will transition to “Points Per Game” average for those divisions.
- Games cancelled early will have a score stand if more than 50% of the 1st half minutes are played.
- Refund Structure is as follows:
- 100% refund – if the tournament is canceled in its entirety due to COVID-19.
- 80% refund – if the event is canceled entirely due to weather, or any other external forces.
- 60% refund – If only 1 game is played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- 30% refund – If only 2 games are played of the 3 guaranteed games.
- No refund is given if:
- A team withdraws within 30 days prior to the tournament.
- a team decides to forfeit a game, giving them less than the guaranteed minimum of played games.
- The team withdraws to play in another tournament.
ADVERTISE YOUR COMPANY HERE!
The Colorado Rapids Youth Soccer Club is looking for new sponsors, on-site vendors, and community partners in 2022! Please reach out to tournament staff if you/your company are interested in sponsoring our events/club! Inquiries can be sent in by clicking HERE.
ASP - West & North Campus
Aurora Sports Park - East
Thank You to our Proud Partners of the Kelvin Norman:
Frequently Asked Questions
Teams will begin seeing acceptance notifications as early as 6 weeks before the tournament date. Acceptances will cease within 3 weeks of the event date.
Every team is guaranteed three games.
Schedules will be sent out no later than 14 days (2 weeks) prior to tournament kickoff. Schedules can be found on GotSoccer OR at the top of this web page.
The following points are allotted per instance:
SIX points for a win;
THREE points for a tie;
ZERO points for a loss;
Minus one (-1) point for each red card issued to a player, coach or parent; and
Minus two (-2) points for a forfeiture or abandonment of a game.
Determination of Group Winners
In group play, there will be no overtime games. Standings in a group will be determined by game points:
Win: 6 points
Tie: 3 point
Loss: 0 points
Goals: 1 point for each goal up to 3 goals
1 point for shut out except for 0-0
In the event that two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the preliminary games, the following tie breakers shall be applied in the order given until a winner is determined:
Head to Head (if all teams played each other)
Number of red cards (team with the least red cards progresses)
FIFA penalty kicks
For U11-U18 matches a minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a game. Games should start at the given start time. In case the team does not have seven (7) players present, there will be a maximum of five (5) minutes grace period before awarding the game to the opponent. A forfeit will be scored 3-0.
All scores are entered and updated immediately online as soon as game cards are received. The scores for the final game of the day will be entered within 2 hours of the score being received. All flights and playoff games for day 2 of the tournament will be updated online 2 hours following the final game on day 1. The website will be the most up-to-date and accurate information for scores and standings.
4 team bracket – Round robin with the top 2 teams playing in a championship.
5 team bracket – Round robin with highest point team as champion.
6 team bracket – Two 3-team groups with the top team from each playing in a cross-bracket championship and a cross-bracket consolation game.
8 team bracket – Two 4-team groups with the top team from each playing in a championship game.
High-School Brackets – Showcase Format
- All ages 15U to 19U will play a showcase format.
- This format will be 3 or 4 games with no finals.
- First place teams will receive a “Champions” medal for each player and coach, and 1 “Champion” trophy per team.
- Second place teams will receive a “Finalist” medal for each player and coach.
- Showcase age groups will not receive medals or trophies.